Tablet point of sale, also known as tablet POS, is a type of electronic point of sale system that utilizes tablet computers as the primary point of sale device. This type of system allows businesses to accept payments and manage transactions using an intuitive and user-friendly interface.
Tablet POS systems often come with features such as inventory tracking, customer management, and analytics. Tablet POS systems are popular among small businesses due to their low cost, portability, and ease of use.
Here are the 6 primary hardware components of most tablet point of sale systems.
1. Tablet: A tablet with an integrated POS system is the main component of a tablet point of sale system. It runs the software and provides the interface for customer and employees.
2. POS Software: POS software is the software used to process payments and manage transactions. It is typically cloud-based and is accessed through the tablet.
3. Payment Terminal: A payment terminal is used to process credit and debit card payments. It is usually integrated with the POS software and communicates with the tablet.
4. Cash Drawer: A cash drawer is used to store and organize cash payments. It is integrated with the POS software and connects to the tablet.
5. Receipt Printer: A receipt printer is used to print customer receipts. It is connected to the tablet and communicates with the POS software.
6. Barcode Scanner: A barcode scanner is used to scan product barcodes. It is connected to the tablet and communicates with the POS software.